At Lincoln Primary School we value the importance of providing students with leadership opportunities that will foster a variety of leadership skills and attributes, while promoting a sense of belonging and connectedness. The school values of Honesty, Excellence, Respect, Openness, Empathy and Self-management are also an integral part of our student leadership programme.
The leadership opportunities currently available to Year 5-8 students are:
- House Leaders - Two Year 8 students for each of our four houses - Kowhai, Matai, Totara and Rimu. These students are also Student Council Representatives for the junior school. House Leaders are selected at the end of each school year.
- Student Council Representative - Student Application Information
- Bell and Flag Monitors - Student Application Information
- Liaison Officers - Student Application form
- Student Technicians - Student Application Information
- Physical Activity Leaders - Student Application Information
- Peer Mediators - Student Application Information
- Media Team - Student Application Information
- Enviro Heroes - This is an exciting new leadership position that is currently being established by Miss Willetts. If you are interested in joining the Enviro Heroes team and becoming environmentally active please apply in writing stating why this student leadership position appeals to you.
- Librarians - If you are interested in becoming a Librarian please see Mrs Wilson in the Library to request application information.
- Road Patrollers - Students previously selected and trained at the end of 2021 - please liaise directly with Mrs Young.
All student leadership positions are shared at the start of the school year and if the students are interested in any of the roles they apply in writing. Once the selection process has occurred, students are trained in their various roles and then issued with a leadership badge and bar(s), that are worn with pride. There is an option at the end of the year for these badge(s) to be purchased.